A vintage shopping spree

I already mentioned my rekindled love for vintage in my previous post. A little while ago, there was a big sale at Think Twice. Think Twice is a small chain of vintage stores with shops in three cities in Belgium. They switch out their entire collection every few weeks and before they do, they have a massive sale, with discounts of 30% and 50% on the first few days, and €5, €4, €3, €2 and €1 (!)-days to end their sale. that's right! When you walk into the store on that last day, EVERYTHING is €1. I stumbled across an Instagram post on the €3-day while I was in school. So as soon as that final bell rang, I jumped in the car and drove 45 minutes to the nearest Think Twice store. As you do. When I arrived in Leuven, I also found another cute vintage shop: Riot. So at least I could tell myself I didn't drive that far just to go to one single place (I should win a prize for self-justification). Here's what I found that day! 


First up: these gorgeous shirts. The tartan and denim one caught my eye the second I walked into the store. It is slightly oversized on me, but I don't mind a bit of wiggle room in a shirt. The red shirt was a wild guess, since I only found it on my way to the register and didn't feel like going back into the changing room. When I tried it on at home, it fit like a glove. Score! 


This blouse.. honestly, it speaks for itself. The colour is just divine. Not going to lie, I did wonder if it was a little bit too acrobat-like because of the shiny fabric, but then again, acrobats are pretty damn awesome, aren’t they? It has a pussy bow tie, which I have been tying at the back for a slightly more interesting look (as if a bright blue acrobat-like shirt is’t an absolute stunner on its own…).


This shirt is giving me massive farm girl vibes. Add some dungarees -which I will definitely do at some point- and a straw hat and come find me in the hay! 


My love for jumpers is limitless. This one looked so cute and had such a Sandy-in-Grease (back when she was a good girl) feel to it, that I just had to try it on. It is a slightly shorter fit. Made me think: I’ve got a beautiful pair of wide corduroy trousers from last year which would make a great combo with my Sandy Jumper (we all know that’s its official name now). Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee! 


This is a beautiful, beautiful maxi dress.This might just be my absolute favourite purchase of them all. I totally see this in summer with sandals and a hat, but I don't think I can wait that long so I will be trying to 'winter proof' this dress. 
I only took a picture of the top, because I couldn't find a pretty place to photograph it in all its glory. Aesthetic matters, people! Also, don't worry, I have included non-aesthetic iPhone-mirror-shots below to show you what some of the items look like on me. (I made these to send to a friend, hence the weird poses, but hey, keeping it real over here!)

Now for the money shots: 















Comments

  1. I'd like to express my gratitude for writing such a helpful article. This article provided me with some useful knowledge. Thank you for sharing that. Keep up the good work. cheap designer clothing for women

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have given great content here. I am glad to discover this post as I found lots of valuable data in your article. Thanks for sharing an article like this.Year 6 Leavers Jumpers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your way to represent such informative thoughts. Here you have shared an amazing article, this article provides a new idea about . Thank you for sharing such informative thoughts. cheap designer clothing for women

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts